Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rambles

You never know what you've got 'til it's gone...

It's something that I've been told many times over. It's not like its a really hard sentence to understand. People often take things for granted and then when they lose it they want it back. I know plenty of people like that in my life. I myself am one of those people. One time in High School I wanted a transformer toy because as old as a guy gets, when he sees an Optimus Prime that can transform into 4 different things, you've gotta have it. So i ended up buying it and played with it for about a month. After that it went back into the box and is probably still sitting where I left it at my folks place. Anyways, now that I think about it, it's not even about what i didn't have at that time, but if i didn't get it i probably would have just moved on and said you can't have them all. So now comes the question of whether or not I should get a ps3. Sure it plays Blue-Ray and i would probably get Madden which is a game that i pretty much played for hours without even taking breaks, but i guess I'm gonna have to wait a while before i can get it because being a starving college student a person has to conserve. Not something that I'm particularly savvy at. C'est la vie.

Everyone, ok MOST people around my age (which happens to be 20) are just waiting for that one more year to just grow up and drink your life away. I don't think i have a problem with drinking but when it comes to drinking with friends, I can go a little overboard. Another thing that often comes with growing older, is more responsibility. Some get it earlier in age than some folk, about around this time, I want to know how i got all these bills to pay. I have cable, internet, rent, credit card, gym, and others. This just reminds me of my essay that I just wrote for my english class talking about how we as teenagers and young adults tend to run through the cycles of our life and before we know it we're already in that 9-5 job and wonder what the heck they did with their life. So from time to time I'm going to TRY to take a little time for myself, whether that is 10 mins to write this blog or even 30 mins just to sit and stare at the ceiling of my room.

The weirdest part about writing that essay was how much I miss the simplicity that comes with my life before. Even when it comes to hanging out with my friends. We used to just sit play board games, some video games with pretty bad graphics. I got some new friends, now we tend to drink and party a lot more now, which isn't so bad but last weekend i just played some cards with a friend of mine and i think i laughed and had more fun with that than i ever really did drinking with my friends. Things have changed, but that's ok.

No comments: